Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us online or call (242) 322-5560.
Mr. Slim is a split-ductless air-conditioning system. If you are familiar with a central air system, you have the basic idea of what a split system is: an outdoor condensing unit and an indoor evaporator unit. The basic difference between the two is that with the central system, the evaporator is typically found in the attic and has ductwork branched off to the different rooms in your house. With Mr. Slim the evaporator is actually in the room being air-conditioned. The indoor unit has a quiet fan that blows across a cold aluminum coil while in the air-conditioning mode. The indoor unit is usually a wall-mounted type, and this unit is connected directly to the outdoor unit by copper tubing and control and power wiring. In the outdoor unit a compressor cycles refrigerant to and from the indoor and outdoor units, and the room air is cooled or heated based on the direction the refrigerant flows between the two.
Mr. Slim is designed to circulate air within the space using about the same power as a 40-watt light bulb. Plus there are two standard built-in filters that clean the air and trap virus and toxins while also deodorizing.
- Anti-allergy enzyme filter which uses artificial blue enzyme catalyst on the filter filaments to capture harmful microbes.
- Hybrid Catechin Pre-filter fibers infused with a bioflavonoid found in green tea that has antiviral and antioxidant properties.
Mr. Slim’s wireless remote controller allows you to operate the Mr. Slim indoor unit from across the room. Mitsubishi Electric combines technology and practical sensibility to offer this convenience. Further explanation of this feature is found in your Operations Manual.
On constant minimum fan speed in normal applications, the HEPA and activated charcoal filters should not need to be replaced for a period of five years. If operating on AUTO or combination of set speeds or constant MED, filters will need to be replaced after about three years.
Mitsubishi Electric is the industry leader in ductless air conditioning technology. Our innovations have defined cutting edge technology for years. Compare, and you’ll see no one surpasses Mr. Slim’s performance for quiet, easy-to-use, and energy efficient operation. And since our ductless technology carries the Mitsubishi Electric name, you know every unit is built to last.
Mr. Slim provides all of these important benefits:
- Quiet and efficient operation: Mr. Slim runs at as little as 26 dB(A). This means that you can hold a quiet conversation or sleep without having to worry about the air conditioner interrupting you.
- No Ductwork is required: You will not have to tear up walls or add expensive ductwork to basement models.
- Will not take up a window: If you take as much pride in your landscape as you do your home, you will appreciate that you can enjoy your handy work from the inside now that you have gotten your window view back. If you own a window unit, then you are also concerned with the security issue of someone taking it out and coming inside your home. Mr. Slim eliminates this concern.
- Effective zone cooling and heating: True zoning means that you can tailor individual rooms to your personal comfort tastes. Perhaps you prefer it cooler in the bedroom or kitchen. Also, if you do not use your guestrooms, dining room, or bonus room regularly, why cool them day in, day out?
- Versatility: You can air-condition spaces you at first thought impossible because there is no space for ductwork and you don’t want a window unit. Both at the home or office, Mr. Slim is flexible enough to work in almost any room environment.
- Remote controlled operation and timer functions: With Mr. Slim, you can control your comfort from across the room. The M-series comes with a wireless remote controller that gives you control of temperature, fan speed, vane operation and more. Plus a timer function means that you can set Mr. Slim to operate when you need it to. For example, if you know you arrive home from the office around 6:00 p.m., you can set Mr. Slim to turn on at 5:00 p.m. to begin cooling before you get there. This means that you are not cooling or heating your home while you’re not there, which saves you money.
Mitsubishi Electric designed Mr. Slim to be one of the most reliable air conditioners available. Because every major component is designed and manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric, the system operates optimally to give years of worry-free performance.
Mr. Slim is considered a zone cooling and heating product. A zone is considered to be any open space in a building typically separated by walls. In many homes a zone can contain one or more rooms. For example, your kitchen/breakfast room, and family room may be shared in one zone. Therefore Mr. Slim can accommodate this space.
Unlike window units or hotel style units, which require a large wall or window opening to be cut, Mr. Slim only requires a three-inch round opening. This opening in the wall is necessary to allow the refrigerant lines and the wiring to connect the indoor unit to the outdoor unit. This opening is sealed and insulated by your installing contractor so no drafty air leaks or water from outside can get in.
During business hours, (M-F 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) you may contact us at 1-242-322-5560. If after hours or on weekends please call 1-866-4822 for Mitsubishi Automated Technical Support or 1-877-391-5550 for Mitsubishi Personal Technical Assistance.
Mr. Slim is designed as a stand-alone system operating separately from your ducted system. This becomes beneficial when you have a room that is always too hot or too cold. These are referred to as hot-spot and cold-spot areas. Your central system may not be taking sufficient care of certain rooms in the house. As an example, a bonus room over a garage will absorb additional heat load in the summer and cold in the winter. Mr. Slim can be added to these hot spot rooms to help supplement your existing system. You may also encounter rooms that have larger glass windows and facing in a direction affected more by the sun exposure. Mr. Sim can help bring these rooms back to a comfortable level.
Sunroom applications and basements are also perfect examples of how Mr. Slim can operate separately from your central system.
A hot spot is a room that is never cool enough and a cold spot is never warm enough for your taste.
Definitely. Mr. Slim’s normal operation takes care of moisture very nicely. The indoor unit’s coil draws the moisture out of the air and wrings it out in the form of condensation that is drained outside or to a nearby drain.
Mr. Slim even has a mode of operation called DRY mode. This dehumidification feature provides added moisture control without lowering the temperature of the room. In this mode the fan speed slows slightly so that the air can spend more time on the indoor coil therefore taking more moisture out the air.
Mr. Slim provides heat in the same way it provides cooling. Only the process is reversed. The evaporator side becomes the condenser side and visa versa.
No, the unit must be mounted horizontally and flat against a perpendicular wall to allow for proper fan operation and condensation liquid drainage.
Having high ceilings will not be as great a concern while air-conditioning a home because of the nature of how cold air falls due to stratification. In heating, however, the airflow must be directed downward to ensure that the air reaches the floor before rising again due to stratification. Your Mr. Slim unit must be powerful enough to allow the warm air to reach the floor.
Mr. Slim is designed to be quieter and more efficient than old windows units, so you’ll sleep easier with less worry about operating costs.
The unit’s fan is designed to deliver air quietly with only a gentle whoosh. (That’s why Mr. Slim is the first choice for thousands of churches, schools and libraries.). Mr. Slim outdoor units can be placed by a patio, underneath a bedroom window, outside a school window or a church.
Yes, you can. We provide a product called Line-Hide, which is a PVC cover that surrounds the line set and secures it to the outside wall. This can be painted to match the wall of the building.
P.O. Box CB-13878